Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity of Denton County!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! Please view the Volunteers Shift Calendar below to peruse our upcoming volunteer shifts for our current builds and find a date that works for you and/or your group. To sign up for a shift, click on “sign up” next to the volunteer shift that works for you. Each Saturday has a morning shift (8AM-12PM) and an afternoon shift (12PM-4PM). Please sign up for both shifts if you plan to volunteer for the entire day.
To sign up as a group, you can either 1) Sign up each person individually, filling out and submitting the sign-up form multiple times; or 2) Sign up once with the leader’s name and indicate the Number of Volunteers in your group at the bottom of the form. We will get each volunteer’s information during check-in at the build site.
You can also call us at (940) 484-5006 to get signed up or ask any questions you may have!
BUILD SAFE – Staying accident-free every day by following these 7 steps to stay safe:
- Wear HARD HATS and SAFETY GLASSES at all times while on build sites. (Provided).
- Wear WORK GLOVES and HARD-SOLED, CLOSED-TOE SHOES. (Some gloves provided, but please bring your own if you have them).
- Wear FACE PROTECTION and RESPIRATORY PROTECTION as directed.
- ASK FOR GUIDANCE if you are uncertain about a task or tool operation.
- ELIMINATE ALL DISTRACTIONS and FOCUS ON YOUR TASK.
- PUT TOOLS and MATERIALS AWAY after use.
- STAY HYDRATED and TAKE A BREAK when you feel tired.
- Volunteers must be ages 16 and up. Those volunteers ages 16-17 must have an adult volunteering with them.
We have implemented steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on our build sites:
- Enter the build site ONLY IF YOU ARE REGISTERED TO WORK.
- Stay home if you are sick. DON’T COME IN IF YOU HAVE: Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fever, Chills, Muscle pain, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell.
- Wear a face covering (REQUIRED). Wash it every day and do not share it!
- WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN for a minimum of 20 seconds. We will have a sanitizing station on site.
- Stay 6 FEET APART from others.
- DISINFECT AND CLEAN TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT. Do not share.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER:
Volunteers Shift Calendar:
There are many ways to volunteer:
Please fill out the following forms and waivers as applicable and bring them to your first volunteer shift. These will also be available for you to fill out at the volunteer site.
Please sign up to volunteer on a build site using the Volunteer Sign-up Form above.
Please call the ReStore at (940) 382-8487 for more information on available volunteer opportunities.
Please call the ReStore at (940) 382-8487 for information on Court Ordered Community Service volunteer opportunities.
Before your first Court Ordered Community Service volunteer shift, please fill out and bring: Court Ordered Community Service Volunteer Application – ReStore